Mesquite Flooring Basic Installation
Concrete Sub‐floor Glue Down
- Moisture test concrete sub‐floor.
- Float floor flat to ¼” inch in an 8 foot radius
- Using a 1/8”x¼”x¼” square notched trowel, spread adhesive over a 2 foot by 2 foot area. Install planks in adhesive and continue process until entire area is installed.
- Roll floor with 50 lb. To 80 lb. roller to make sure adhesive makes good contact with flooring. Do not allow traffic for a minimum of 8 hours on floor or as recommended by Manufacturer of adhesive.
- Let adhesive set up overnight before starting the sanding process.
- Sand with 60 grit paper to flatten.
- Apply Filler (Wood Flour with floor sawdust mix) or you can use cherry or black walnut wood fill to fill cracks. If filling large cracks and knots you can use System Three epoxy for a more natural appearance.
- Sand with 80 grit to flatten filler, finish with 120 grit.
- Seal floor with floor polyurethane such as Dura Seal, Waterlox or Tung Oil per manufactures recommendations
Download Flooring Installation Instructions